When users attempt to register for the Wizarding World app or website by signing up for a Wizarding Passport, they will be asked to provide their age. Users who indicate they are below the applicable age for a child for privacy purposes will be required to provide a parent’s or guardian’s email address. Before a child can proceed with registration the parent/guardian will be sent an email to notify him/her of the child’s request to register for a Wizarding Passport. The parent or guardian will have the option to deny or approve the request. Children will not be able to register for a Wizarding Passport without a parent’s / guardian’s permission.
Articles in this section
- How does my child register for a Wizarding World account (a Wizarding Passport)?
- My child does not have an email address, can they register?
- Does my child need to register to use the Harry Potter At Home hub?
- My child has not received the email to continue complete registration
- I entered the wrong email address for my child when granting consent, what can I do?
- How do I withdraw consent for my child?
- I have parental consent, why can’t I register?
- What security measures do you have in place for children’s registration?
- Is your site and app compliant with privacy laws applicable to children?
- Can children chat online or share personal information?